family photo 2017 November

family photo 2017 November

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Samuel turned ONE! YAY!

August 6, 2013
Our sweet Samuel was born at 6:25 am.

On August 6, 2014 we celebrated his FIRST birthday.


Samuel sure knows how to celebrate.


Not quite a family picture:
Ethan: "I want cake, but I'm gonna go in my room till happy birthday is over."
And that's where Ethan was hiding.
He really DOES NOT like the happy birthday song.
But here's 3 of the 4 of us.

Ethan showing Sam how to eat the cake, and that it's OK to eat.

Here's the party animal out of hiding! Cute sweet boy!

Reiterating "no touch" with the flame; don't worry, I was all over him.

Quick cute pick, tummy and all!

Way to go Sam!

Peeking at his presents! Boy do family members know how to spoil little ones!!!

A bath was my only solution after the cake!

Sam LOVES being one!!!
(I feel like this picture accurately portrays Samuel- happy and sweet)

Some things I cherish about Samuel:
He plays a lot and is an adventurer, fearless really, but loves his momma and frequently comes to me for a quick hug/snuggle and then is off to play again. I, of course, love this.

He's very lighthearted and makes us all laugh and smile.
He seems to admire Ethan and always looks for him when Ethan's napping.
He loves his daddy a lot and enjoys him pretty equally to me.

It's so fun to see Sam climb all around on a playground or lay on the floor and play cars, making car sounds.
He's growing just wonderfully and I delight in him so much. I am so thankful he's in our family.

I have enjoyed nursing him and snuggling him, just me and him in his room, pretty much every night for the last year. SUCH precious times! Don't worry, now that I'm weaning he lays down fine at night and sleeps, without the nursing. 
There were no problems with Sam transitioning, just me crying because I loved that time so much with him.
Few things compare with sweet little eyes or a milky smile looking up at you in adoration and with great joy!

We love you Sam and praise God for creating you!


"He has made everything beautiful in its time...." Ecclesiastes 3:11

No comments:

Post a Comment