family photo 2017 November

family photo 2017 November

Friday, January 31, 2014

Locked out!

Today I was briefly locked out of the house by Ethan!
My way of taking the trash out when it is cold is throwing it just outside the front door until later.
However, today I thought I would carry it "all the way" (about 20 feet) to the trash can.
When I came back the door has been shut behind me....and locked.
It was about 10 degrees out and I was in some thin, capri-like pants and thin long sleeve t-shirt.
I knocked on the door and asked Ethan to unlock it.
Meanwhile I hear Ethan giggle thinking this is a game.
THANKFULLY, Steve works nights and sleeps during the day.
So....I knocked on our bedroom window to wake him up!
By the time I got back to the front door, Ethan had wisely unlocked and opened the door for me!
No more taking the trash "all the way out" for me!

We have really enjoyed some of the nice 40 degree weather days here!
The snow melted and we, of course, went puddle jumping on more than one occasion!
Here is Ethan eagerly waiting to go outside with his puddle-jumping boots!


"Are we ready Mom?"


Waiting patiently


Here we go....

"Wait, where's Sam?"


And he's off...
(Sam will be right there with you soon enough my son!)

We did a lot of jumping in our neighbor's driveway!
I'm not sure they know this even now....they are great neighbors and we know they wouldn't mind!

Ethan has a real blast puddle-jumping!
And so do I as I watch him.
Steve and I jumped with him on one of the days! That was so much fun and reminded us both of our childhoods.

Walking around the neighborhood holding Ethan's hand has been one of my favorite things right now.
We were walking just the two of us the other day and I asked Ethan, "what should we talk about?"
Ethan replied, "Jesus."
And so we did:
Deuteronomy 6:6-7
"These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up."

Yep, the winter sickness hit our house too. Ethan and Sam anyways!
Here's Ethan laying on the couch and reading, and secretly loving being sick!



The boys and me! Apparently on gray sweatpants day.

Bath time buddies!

Always together!



The boys just hanging out having fun...

okay, a lot of fun....

close up!

 We aren't quite sure yet who really adores who more!
We love love love our boys!

"This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it."
Psalm 118:24 KJV 



1 comment:

  1. Yikes! Getting locked out in that weather must've made you very nervous. Plus, Ethan thinking it was a game probably didn't help. I'm sure he was just being adorable. Anyway, I'm glad he opened the door up for you. He is a very smart kid. Well, if he was still left thinking it was a game, I guess Steve would've opened the door if he didn't. Glad everything worked out pretty well. Take care always! :)

    Joyce Roberson @ LockedOut London

    ReplyDelete